A competition for all Southern Downs artists showcasing the wealth of talent in the region. Entries across many mediums and techniques including Drawing,Ceramics, Mixed Media, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture and Textiles.
Entry forms + fees: due by 4 pm, Tuesday 5 September 2017. No late entries will be accepted as labels are compiled from entry form information well in advance.
Delivery: to Warwick Art Gallery no later than 4 pm Thursday 21 September during opening hours Tuesday to Saturday 10 am – 4 pm. Late work will not be accepted. Works are not to be delivered before 5 September except by prior arrangement.
Opening: Friday 29 September, 6.30 pm
Collection: from Tuesday 31 October (work to be collected within 30 days)
DUE TO SPATIAL RESTRAINTS ARTISTS ARE PERMITTED TO ENTER ONE WORK ONLY
1. The entry fee is $10 per artist. No work will be accepted or exhibited without payment of the entry fee. Works for sale will attract a commission rate of 20%. Entry fees are to be submitted with the entry form. Payment for works sold will be made within 30 days of the close of the exhibition.
2. Items must not have been previously exhibited at Stanthorpe Regional Art Gallery or Warwick Art
3. All work submitted must be labelled on the rear or base with artists’s name, title of the work and
4. 2D and Textile artwork must not exceed 150 cm in any direction including the frame. 3D artwork must not exceed 200 cm.
5. The Gallery Director reserves the right to not exhibit work if space is limited or if the work is deemed inappropriate or if the work is not suitably framed and/or presented. If an artist’s work is not selected to exhibit the entry fee of $10 will be refunded.
6. All paintings must be dry. 2D works without “D” rings will not be hung. A stretched canvas is considered framed, but must have “D” rings attached. Our hanging system requires two “D” rings positioned 6 cm from the top of the work. Textile works must be ready to display - by rod, pin, fishing line or 3MMM Command strip. Self installation of Textile and 3D work will be allowed only if prior arrangements are made.
7. The winners of the Major, Commendation and Encouragement Awards will be announced at the opening on Friday 29 September.
8. By entering the competition artists give permission for their work to be reproduced by any form of the media related to the promoting of the event.
9. Entrants are responsible for packing, freighting and insurance charges. The Warwick Art Gallery accepts no liability for loss or damage in the course of transit. Transit Insurance remains the responsibility of the exhibitor. All due care will be taken of entries submitted. Appropriate security will be in place during the Gallery’s possession of art works.
Entry Form CLICK HERE
|Event End Date||29-10-2017|
|Location||Warwick Art Gallery|